Saturday, August 31, 2013

5...

Every time my children celebrate a birthday I want to laugh and cry at the same time.  I am excited for the new milestones and added independence that comes with each new year; yet each birthday is a reminder that they are growing--and there goes one more year of their childhood that we will never get back.  I hope that they find their childhood is as wonderful and magical as I think they are.
Our twinners turned 5 on the 30th.  The night before, Jordan and I went on a date to pick up some birthday surprises for the next day.  It was so fun to hear the squeals of delight as the girls woke up to a room filled with balloons (their favorite!)!  They opened presents in their jammies, and we had a yummy breakfast together.  We also had a low-key, sort of "thrown together" party with friends at the park that morning (because I am an awesome/prepared mom like that;).  We ate pizza, cupcakes, and played and played.
This is going to be a big year for the girls as they will  be starting Kindergarten.  We are excited for them to meet this new adventure head on--and fortunately, with a friend by their side!  We just love these little girlies and their individual personalities, and we are so glad they are ours!














                                      











No comments: