Monday, February 21, 2011


do you ever find yourself whining over very small things that don't make a bit of difference in the long run, but seem like a really BIG deal at the time? the worst part is when you look back and feel really silly for every being upset or overwhelmed by something so small because you realize how incredibly blessed you really are....

the girls spilled an entire pitcher of orange juice all over the floor the other day, and this is why i am now grateful for it:
- my girls are typical, inquisitive 2-year-olds who are right on target for their age
- they have healthy and strong bodies that were able to walk them over to the fridge, open the door, and lift the heavy pitcher out of the refrigerator
- they were working together to get the job done--they are learning about teamwork
- they smiled really cute, teethy grins at me when i discovered them

...yeah, i guess sticky floors aren't so bad in the great, grand scheme of things...

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

love you all...

Kazzy said...

So often it takes retrospect before we get the right view on things. So many of the things that bugged me when I had my older boys didn't bug me at all by the time the other ones came along.

Forever Young said...

Maci, I am dying. They are so stinkin' cute:):):)
Meg

ashtonandmeghanyoung.blogspot.com